BLG440E - Project II (CRN: 25034)
The main topic of BLG440E - Project II course in Spring 2020-2021 is Developing Fintech Products using cross-platform technologies. The course is designed to help students gain technical expertise in React Native and Flutter, which enable outputs on various platforms leveraging a common code base. The curriculum is delivered through instructor-led classes, knowledge assessments, and hands-on labs.
The objectives of the course are:
- Learn the various use cases about cross platform technology implementation.
- Find out about digital product development and various tools and processed involved.
- Investigate a feature’s journey through the development lifecycle from a Software Engineering perspective.
The outcomes of the course are:
- To set up a project with Flutter & React Native
- To assess state management needs and how to apply it
- Understand and apply basic concepts of Flutter & Dart, JS & React Native
- Developing UI Tests
- Implementing localization
- Using design assets, choosing the right widgets and libraries
- Learning of some best practice for building secure applications
- Learning of some best practice for deploying applications
- Calling backend services and mocking
The course is designed and will be executed jointly by Commencis (web) and ITU Computer Engineering Department.